"Stars Ball" 2014 - A Night at the Oscars
Saturday, February 15, 2014
The Harriet Himmel Theater, City Place
Black Tie Optional
Little Smiles and its Board of Directors are pleased to be hosting the Ninth Annual "Stars Ball" 2014, A Night at the Oscars. Get ready for a night of great music, dancing and camaraderie as Little Smiles takes time to honor Little Stars!
What is the "Stars Ball"?
The "Stars Ball" is a black tie optional gala that is modeled after the Oscars. The variation is that the actors are substituted with children who are battling cancer and other life-altering conditions. For one evening these children are able to escape the reality of their conditions and enjoy a world where they are the STARS. The evening begins with the young ladies hair and make-up being professionally glamorized as they slip on princess style gowns. The young gentleman are suited up in pressed, contemporary tuxedos. Then, the child STARS are whisked away in stretch limousines to the famous Harriet Himmel Theater in downtown City Place where they will walk the red carpet. Ball guests lined behind red velvet ropes, gather Little Stars autographs on the STARS prepared glamour shots. It’s a grand night of dining, dancing and delight for the STARS and families to remember always; making the children feel extraordinary.
Please take a few minutes to watch a clip from 2013 HERE!
Displayed Hor d’ Oeuvres:
- Middle Eastern Mezze Station
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Baba Ganough
- Tomatoes Provencale
- Stuffed Grape Leaves & Green Olive Tapenade Served with a Variety of Flat Breads
- Toasted Pita
- Parmesan Crostini
Butler Passed Hor d’ Oeuvres:
- Goat Cheese Crostini with Sweet & Sour Fig
- Chutney Flash Seared Tuna with Tropical Salsa
- Tenderloin & Sweet Potato Skewers with Chianti
- Chimichurri Chicken
- Toastada Pequenas served on an edible Corn
- Lime Spoon Marinated Antipasto Skewers
“Dinner” Served Salad:
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad Drizzed with Poppy Seed Dressing and topped with Maytag Blue and Candied Pecans
- Seared Filet Mignon With Sauce Pinot Noir
- Roasted Asparagus & Garlic Scented Duchess Potato
- Assorted Breads and Rolls with creamy Butter
Saturday, February 15th
6:00 PM to 11:59 PM
The Harriet Himmel Theater
600 S Rosemary Ave
West Palm Beach, FL 33401